Statistical Project Leader (Translational Medicine Statistician)
Bridgewater, New Jersey, Framingham, Massachusetts
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Translational Medicine Statistical Project Lead
Do you have a degree in statistics, mathematics, or a related field? Are you familiar with the analyses of high dimensional/omics data? Do you have experiences in the clinical drug discovery process? Are you interested in leading Biomarker discussions in research and clinical development teams? Then the experienced and motivated Global Translational Medicine / Biomarker Statistics team within the Biostatistics & Programming (B&P) organization in US is the right place for you!
We are currently seeking a Translational Medicine Statistician for permanent position located in Bridgewater, NJ. The Translational Medicine Statistical Project Lead is involved in the clinical development process early on to lead the statistical aspects of the Biomarker discussions as part of the project team regarding identification and use of diagnostic, prognostic and predictive Biomarkers. In this role you will be reporting to the Global Head of Translational Medicine / Biomarker Statistics.
The role of Biomarkers in the clinical drug development process has an increasing importance because it can help to accelerate the clinical development process of a compound, to reduce R&D costs, and to bring better innovative drugs to patients. Therefore, the identification, analyses and use of Biomarkers in clinical studies become more and more important for informed decision making processes.
- Be a member of the research & clinical project teams to define the Biomarker strategy for clinical development project
- Provide appropriate input for the definition of the translational plan of the clinical development plan (e.g., identification or validation of drug target, identification of treatment responders) in collaboration with project team members
- Lead all statistical aspects of the project/study related Biomarker discussion
- Planning, analyzing and reporting of high dimensional/omics data for official and exploratory Biomarker analyses
- Promote and implement machine learning approaches (e.g. clustering, SVM, random forest, deep learning) on biomarker omics datasets (transcriptomics, genomics, metabolomics …)
- Define Biomarker Statistical Analyses Plans using state-of-the-art methodology
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with official Early and Late Phase Project Statisticians, Study Lead Statisticians, and related functions
- Support with statistical knowledge the implementation of standard tools for data analyses
- Keep knowledge about new technical, statistical and methodological developments and discuss use for internal clinical data/studies/projects
- Represents statistics in regulatory meetings for biomarker topics
- Represent statistics to participate (and lead if applicable) in scientific or technology working groups or cross function initiatives
- Contribute to operation process optimization and provide inputs to statistics standards in biomarker field.
- Collaborate closely with the Global Head of Translational Medicine Statistics Team to discuss and deploy the strategy for biomarker statistical analysis in US
- MS or PhD in a Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field
- At least 6 years experiences in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong knowledge and understanding of advanced statistical concepts and techniques in particular for high-dimensional data (cross-validation, multiple testing correction, feature selection)
- Expertise in omics data bioinformatics and statistical analysis
- Experience in Machine Learning algorithms: penalized regression, SVM, random forest neural network…
- Strong knowledge of R
- Bioconductor and python would be a plus
- Demonstrated strong project management, interpersonal and communication skills
- A change agent with a combination of business, science & technology, and diplomatic skills
- Ability to represent Sanofi in cross-company activities such a consortiums or professional associations
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community