Sr. Research Statistician, SSM
Bridgewater, New Jersey
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Sr. Research Statistician, SSM
As a member of the Statistical Sciences and Modeling (SSM) group, provide statistical technical support to projects on complex problems and methods. Conduct independent research and may help others to work on proactively identified technical issues from studies. Be an expert by serving as the go-to person with extensive knowledge in at least 2 statistical areas. Serve as an internal consultant. Lead/participate in internal working groups and provide training in related areas. May provide direct supports to special studies or analyses which require special designs and methodologies. Participate in document review. Participate in external statistical professional activities by, e.g., serving as a member of professional organizations, working groups or committees.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote teamwork, quality, and innovation. Maintain productive work and research environment. Provide opinion in terms of future statistical direction to meet the technical needs of the department. Promote the use of the state of the art designs and methods across studies and projects by providing statistical supports to projects on complex problems and offering training.
- Conduct innovative independent research on technical issues identified from studies and projects.
- Be an expert by serving as the go-to person with extensive knowledge in at least 2 statistical areas within the department through intensive innovative research or accumulation of experience. Serve as an internal consultant. In addition, help others to work on various research topics or participate in or lead internal working group(s).
- May provide direct statistical technical support and leadership to major special studies that require novel designs/new methodologies to gain further clinical trial experience. Plan and track study/project activities, timelines, and resource use. Prioritize and balance the needs of study/project and research.
- Ensure productive collaborations with other functions in the aligned study/project teams and with other statistical project leaders.
- Provide statistical technical support to address issues in filings or questions from agencies. Participate in document review.
- Participate in professional activities by e.g., serving as a member of professional organizations, working groups or committees.
- Ph.D. (US)/MS in statistics or related discipline with at least 6 years of experience.
- Demonstrated potential leadership, good track record of statistical research, and interpersonal/communication skills with a broad understanding of advanced statistical concepts and techniques in certain areas. With the capability to acquire knowledge in new statistical frontiers.
- Proven success through interactions with internal/external statisticians.
- Excellent R/SAS programming skills.
- Sufficient clinical trial experiences.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi Glassdoor: #GD-SA
Sanofi LinkedIn: #LI-SA
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community