Specialist Accounting, Bridgewater, NJ
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Sanofi US' Bridgewater, NJ office location offers direct access to Somserset County's rich culture and diverse attractions. You can immerse yourself in art, explore history, and find fun entertainment and recreation all in one location. Sanofi US is proud to be a part of the Somerset County business community, which has so much to offer employees.
Somerset County Tourism
Bridgewater, NJ Overview
All you need to know about our HQ
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
This position may perform any of the functional accounting responsibilities supported by the SBS (Sanofi Business Services) NA (North America) Finance Services Organization related to 3rd Party Strategic Alliance Accounting, Payroll Accounting, Performance Share Accounting, Personnel Cost Reporting, Pension Accounting & Reporting, and other tasks or responsibilities as deemed necessary. Various day-to-day accounting tasks include booking journal entries, reconciling accounts, preparing reports, and analyzing financial data for North American legal entities. The position will be heavily involved in the month end close and reporting process.
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi is organized into five global business units: Diabetes and Cardiovascular, General Medicines and Emerging Markets, Sanofi Genzyme, Sanofi Pasteur and Consumer Healthcare.
At Sanofi US, we are committed to the growth of our people, connected in purpose by career, life and health. Headquartered in Bridgewater, NJ, Sanofi US is part of a leading global healthcare company dedicated to discovering, developing and distributing therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and Genzyme. Sanofi US employs approximately 17,000 people across the country all dedicated to protecting health, enhancing life and responding to the hopes and potential healthcare needs of seven billion people around the world.
Commitment is our Strength. Ready to grow together?
This position reports directly to the Manager, General Accounting, and is responsible for assisting the General Accounting team in various areas of accounting and reporting including pension, severance, environmental reserves, payroll, royalties, personnel cost reporting, and equity compensation. This person will support all the North American general business units (GBUs) and be part of Sanofi Business Services (SBS), within Business Transformation (BT).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Manager of General Accounting by ensuring compliance with IAS19R in pension accounting and reporting. The position will be heavily involved in the accounting for the pension plans in Canada and U.S. including monthly/quarterly reporting to the group as well as the annual pension valuation process.
- Liaise with external auditors for the employee benefit plans in Canada during the annual audits.
- Engage with business partners from various departments as well as various outside vendors to achieve Sanofi objectives in the areas noted above.
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements for the Canadian employee benefit plans.
- Liaise with business partners for the booking of monthly royalty accruals/expense
- Assist with the performance of key SOX controls in the team’s scope.
- Assist with cash flow forecasts to controlling and the Group.
- Engage in other special projects and reporting objectives, as applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in accounting field
- CPA preferred or working towards CPA certification
- Knowledge of US GAAP & IFRS is preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills - written and oral
- Strong interpersonal, proven leadership and team building skills are a must
- High level of attention to detail is needed to be successful
- Experience working with SAP ERP system
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet