Senior Principal Scientist Translational Disease Modeling, Digital Data Science
Bridgewater, New Jersey, Cambridge, Massachusetts
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
The Translational Disease Modeling (TDM) group at Sanofi is seeking to hire a highly talented modeling scientist to support its portfolio in R&D. The TDM group is part of Digital Data Science department at Sanofi. This position is for a modeling scientist, with emphasis on disease progression modeling using pharmacometric and statistical approaches. The primary focus will be on modeling efforts which quantitatively combine drug exposure/response with longitudinal disease timecourse along with the characterization of between-patient variability. The position will be based in Bridgewater, NJ or Cambridge, MA.
- Design, perform, and oversee pharmacostatistical model analyses of disease progression using a variety of tools and approaches in collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Develop, and implement innovative disease progression modeling and simulation approaches to extrapolate short-term drug efficacy on clinical endpoints to long-term disease outcome.
- Interact with project teams and stakeholders to proactively incorporate expert input into model development, ensuring alignment between modeling plans and project team objectives and needs.
- Communicate key modeling findings to internal and external audiences.
- Acquire in-depth understanding of biology relevant to modeling efforts.
- Select and collaborate with external partners/CROs.
- Maintain state-of-the art knowledge of relevant modeling approaches and techniques.
- Mentor junior team members.
- PhD, or PharmD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related field with track record of productivity in the areas of statistical modeling, pharmacometrics, disease progression modeling, or related field, as manifested by publications and scientific presentations.
- 8+ years of industry/consulting experience (may be combined with academic research) working in R&D, pre-clinical and clinical settings.
- Solid understanding of statistics and quantitative pharmacology principles.
- Expertise in PK and PK/PD modelling with strong quantitative skills applied to develop disease progression models with nonlinear behavior, and semi-mechanistic features.
- Proficiency in nonlinear mixed effect modeling using NONMEM, R or Monolix.
- Independence during model development and analysis with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) of technical and non-technical information.
- Effective collaborative spirit to function in a highly-matrixed organization.
Knowledge And Skills Desirable But Not Essential:
- Experience in rare diseases.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community