Senior Principal Scientist, Translational Disease Modeling, Digital Data Science (QSP)
Bridgewater, New Jersey, Cambridge, Massachusetts
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
At Sanofi, a global health care and pharmaceutical company, modeling and simulation approaches support strategy and critical decision making throughout the various phases of drug development. The Translational Disease Modeling (TDM) group at Sanofi is seeking to hire a highly talented modeling scientist to support its R&D portfolio. The TDM group is part of Digital Data Science department within the R&D organization of Sanofi. This position is for a modeling scientist to develop and apply mechanism-based approaches of disease modeling, such as quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP). These modeling efforts represent mechanistically key biological processes that capture the pathophysiology and drug response to enhance the understanding of disease and therapeutic response. The position can be based in Cambridge, MA or Bridgewater, NJ.
- Design, build, and apply QSP modeling approaches to answer drug development questions.
- Develop, and implement innovative mechanistic modeling strategies to support project team needs
- Collaborate with internal and external partners (CROs, consultants and academic collaborators) to support internal QSP efforts in key disease areas.
- Communicate modeling predictions to key stakeholders to inform strategy and decision-making.
- Identify and interpret preclinical and clinical data critical for model development and refinement.
- Maintain state-of-the art knowledge of relevant modeling approaches and techniques.
- Contribute to abstracts and manuscripts.
- Perform job duties independently with minimal supervision, and mentor others to develop similar capabilities.
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Systems Biology/Pharmacology or related fields, with 5+ years of mathematical modeling & simulation experience specific for biomedical/pharmaceutical applications (experience within the pharmaceutical industry preferred).
- Track record of productivity, with evidence of independence in leading scientific projects.
- Hands-on experience with programming languages like Matlab/R/Julia (Matlab preferred). Knowledge of C/C++ desirable.
- Understanding of theory, principles and statistical aspects of mathematical modeling and simulation.
- Good understanding of cell biology and physiology. Understanding of the basic principles of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics also desired.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Desire to work within a team environment.
- Strong project management skills including organization, time management and follow-up are key.
Knowledge And Skills Desirable But Not Essential:
- Understanding of hematology and rare diseases
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community