Senior Manager - Sales Strategy
Bridgewater, New Jersey
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
The Sr. Manager of Sales Strategy is responsible for representing the voice of the customer and field sales in the Sanofi Integrated Planning Process and in daily interactions within a headquarter environment.They will have deep knowledge of Sanofi brands in relationship to Assortment, Merchandising, Pricing and Shelf in specific categories that they are assigned too.This person will provide leadership to their direct report(s) in conducting analysis to inform brand and category decisions.
Role Specific Responsibilities
· Develop customer/category AMPS strategies and tactics in-line with respective Sanofi categories and customer
· Develops trade investment strategies to drive maximum sales, profit and ROI for the portfolio of products
· Work closely with marketing to develop and execute plans consistent with annual and LR plans
· Collaborate with customer teams participating in growth oriented annual business planning and attends customer meetings
· Assists in developing sales plans for new products and line extensions
· Engages with marketing teams with sales and retailer feedback & perspective to guide brand strategy and product development
· Develops channel trade plans and product promotional strategies
· Translate brand marketing actions into customer actions
· Contribute to category marketing plans with customer and category analysis, promotional strategies
· Key contact for the marketing teams
· Continuous analysis of customer positions, working closely with NAM’s to recommend in-store actions aimed at strengthening in-store positioning of Sanofi’s brands
· Implement category strategies and visions across customers lea and support the implementing of promotional strategy across customers in-line with brand priorities
· Develops go-to-market strategies for all category reviews with major retailers
· Contributed to demand planning process
This description is representative but not inclusive of all position responsibilities. Associate may be asked from time to time to complete tasks not listed within the contents of this document, but that are relative to the goals of the business.
Education: BA/BS from an accredited college or university with a focus in business analytics preferred. MBA a plus.
Experience: 5-8 years of experience in Sales Strategy or similar role with a proven analytic track record.
Professional Skills: Comfortable working with complex data across multiple sources to develop actionable insights and strategic recommendations. Expert-level knowledge of Nielsen/IRI and experience with Homescan Panel is expected. JDA or other merchandising software a plus. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Highly motivated worker and thinker; team oriented.
Role Specific Competencies: Ability to organize and present data in a business case format utilizing Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations. Strong organization and analytical skills, as well as, attention to detail. Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities. Proficiency with retail and CPG analytics. This position requires extensive use of computer equipment. Must have a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft business: expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Access.
Special Requirements: Position is based in Bridgewater, NJ at Sanofi CHC’s corporate office. This position requires the ability to travel (10%).
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community