Senior Financial Analyst
Bridgewater, New Jersey, Cambridge, Massachusetts
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
The Senior Financial Analyst will provide controlling support to U.S. Business Units, including preparation of budgets and forecasts (Strategic Plan / Budget / F1 / F2 / Quarterly Landings), monthly closings (expense reviews, scorecards), project approval and tracking, and other financial planning & analysis activities on a timely basis. This person will work closely with the Finance Business Partners as well as Budget Owners to drive results and help them control their forecasts / budgets. This role is part of the U.S. Opex Management Center of Excellence (CoE) within the Finance Operations and Transformation team. This person will help to identify and implement new ways of working as we transform the way Sanofi US Controls Opex.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement new ways of working with Finance Business Partners across GBUs, as well as Transversal Opex Team to provide cohesive and seamless support to Business Leaders
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly close, partnering closely with Transversal Opex team and share monthly results with Finance Business Partners as well as Budget Owners.
- Prepare monthly commentary to explain variances between actual results and / or budget / forecasts.
- Ensure business owners are executing the budgeted Opex plan, including tracking actuals, approval of projects & providing direction to business owners
- Develop Opex & Headcount forecasts for designated areas, in partnership with FBPs and Budget Owners
- Identify risks and opportunities that affect the achievement of these forecasts
- Track headcount on a monthly basis and compare to budgeted and forecasted vacancy rates, including trend analysis for key drivers of change
- Track all assumptions built into budget/forecasts
- Educate client groups on all aspects of financial policies and processes to ensure full compliance
- Ensure compliance with pertinent SOX controls
- Approve project spend and ensuring projects are budgeted properly, challenging where necessary
- Assist in preparation of SPE Executive Summaries for all projects requiring Corporate approval
- Ensure compliance with all internal control requirements
- Support all key finance initiatives, including SHIFT implementation and SMART Spend
- Ad hoc projects as required
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university required. Area of specialization in Finance, Accounting, or Operations is preferred. CPA or advanced degree is preferred.
Professional Experience & Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years of diversified financial controlling experience.
- Strong working experience with Excel.
- Strong analytical capabilities and proven experience working across multiple internal stakeholders is required.
- Public accounting experience.
- Previous work-related experience within the Pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experience with TM1 and SAP.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactively challenges the status quo and investigates issues independently and as a team
- Effectively collaborates with other cross-functional teams
- The position will be required to manage a considerable amount of change as the new structure is built, new processes are defined, and the position evolves. A tolerance for ambiguity and willingness to accept change as part of overall process. A willingness to accept and address resistance to change and opinions of others.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community