Network Architect, Bridgewater, NJ
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Next Generation (NextGEN) technology research, industry trend analysis and developing NextGEN Network architecture, strategy and solution aligning with Sanofi’s vision and business goals are key functions of Sanofi’s Network Services team. As part of this team, looking for a self-motivated and innovative thinking individual to support Sanofi’s Network architecture / technology development and deployment functions while maintaining relevance in the fast moving and evolving networking industry. As a member of the team, you will also be interacting with cross-functional team engineers, architects, internal and vendor partners to provide Datacenter and NextGEN network technology, evolution strategies and solutions to;
- Maximize the business value from Sanofi’s Information Technology and Solutions investments
- Unleash innovation for our organization, employees and customers
- Datacenter Networking and SDN technology validation, prototyping, standardizing and solutioning.
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) ecosystem development and vendor management.
- SDN/NFV platform architecture and development.
- Open API and data modeling verification and development.
- Network platform architecture, specification & design, systems integration, platform lifecycle management.
- Participate in open source and open standard industry activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- Strong Layer 2/Layer 3 network architectural design and engineering background and experience (LAN/WAN and Layer 2/Layer 3) in a large enterprise network environment.
- Expert level routing is a must (BGP & OSPF)
- Six or more years of relevant work experience in;
- Data Center Networking Engineering along with Design, implementation and migration experience of large-scale networks
- Experience with SD-WAN technologies (Viptela, VeloCloud, Versa, and or Silver Peak) preferred
- Design, implementation and migration experience with Cisco Catalyst and Nexus 9K/7K/5K/2K. Cumulus, Mellanox, and Arista working knowledge a plus.
- VMWare NSX, and Cisco ACI experience a plus.
- Apstra is a plus
- Experience with SDN/NFV platform along with Cloud Architecture and development Network platform architecture and design.
- Networking in cloud computing experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Familiarity and understanding of tunneling protocols (vxLAN, GRE, IPSec)
- Configuration management of networking devices using automation tools and API scripting with C/C++, Python and/or Ansible a plus.
- Working knowledge of DNS, Tacacs, Radius, DHCP, NetFlow, Syslog, etc.
- Multi-vendor technology validation, prototyping along with system integration experience.
- Strong documentation skills in High Level Architecture
- Vendor technical management experience
- Technology leadership skills along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Travel may be required.
It is a plus:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related data communication technology discipline and certifications (CCIE, etc.).
- Extensive application performance and network operational troubleshooting along with network monitoring/analysis experience
- Solid background working in Linux environments with Unix scripting and/or software development experience.
- Experience with Linux virtualization environments and technologies (KVM, OVS, LXC, etc.).
- Familiarity with networking within Container technologies.
- Familiarity of Open API and data modeling verification and development.
- OpenFlow and ODL knowledge and experience.
- Open Source tools development, implementation, and collaboration experience.
- SDN/NFV driven open source project and open standard experience
- Policy driven network design.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community