SAP Architect, Bridgewater, NJ
Bridgewater, New Jersey
IT Platform Architect Lead is primarily responsible for defining, architecting, building infrastructure services related to SAP technology domain. She/he is facilitating transition to RUN mode and continually improving platforms, services and associated technologies in order to facilitate integration of related business application portfolio in cost-effective manner with focus on the platform TCO (hardware, licensing, operational support).
Works with customers and partners to transversally promote the platforms and services and to ensure globally operational excellence, consistency, continuous improvement and cost efficiency.
Experience with Enterprise Architecture with SAP solutions prior to S/4HANA with focus on Business Suite Products (ECC, SCM, CRM, SRM) and SAP NetWeaver Products (BW, Enterprise Portal, PI and Solution Manager) and be familiar with solutioning an upgrade and migration project including migration to S/4HANA and Suite on HANA.
May lead IT Solution Experts in platform projects and activities including the following (not the exhaustive listing) - Landscape Design, Sizing assessment for SAP, Managing capacity planning in 3 data centers, Virtualization and scalability, Setting Platform Standards in the context of move to Linux OS/ S4 HANA, Suggesting SAP Platform design patterns, Assess & recommend corrections to complex landscape of SAP, Performance and configuration repair of misconfigured SAP.
SAP Product Roadmap Understanding (S4 HANA, HANA on Cloud...) - Track functionality and technology roadmaps of primary IT vendors and partners in their area (SAP in this case) to build the ITS platform/service roadmap.
Public cloud knowledge to manage the transition from on-premise infrastructure and to design new infrastructure for green field project.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, FORMAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A.2Service Level Management
A.4Product or Project Planning
B.1Design and Development
Formal Education and Experience Required:
- Degree in IT or related
- 5 years pharmaceutical industry experience
- 10 years of experience in SAP, infrastructure technologies, ITIL, IT architecture, compliance
- Communication, networking skills, fluent English
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Platform and Solutions lifecycle management
- Ensure Platform and Solutions lifecycle management by defining and implementing technical (upgrades) and functional roadmaps
- Defining and overseeing SAP Platform Standards
- Ensure platform and solutions retirement plan
- Plan, design, build the Platform and solutions to be delivered
- Contribute to their deployment
- Collaborate closely with other IT Platform Architects to design and build integrated platform services
- Define and monitor the IT platform and services OLAs
- Ensure communication and promotion of shared and standard platforms
- Lead problem management activities
- Capacity planning of platforms globally
2.Business applications and projects support
- Align the IT platform and services OLAs supporting the business application
- Support the IS Unit project teams and leverage the IT platform and services to ensure a robust deployment with the run teams
- Leads and/or advise on architecture of platforms for complex projects and solutions
- Ensure IT platform governance is aligned with business applications and project roadmaps
COMPLEXITY & PROBLEM SOLVING
1.Major Challenges/Problems (to be addressed in the coming 6-12 months)
- Setup and oversee deployment of new platforms and solutions globally without compromising the delivery of current solutions and the continuity of service
- Globally align SAP platform and services activities with the IS Units Strategy including participating in various platform governance with IS UNITS as well as ITS governance
- Ensure communication, promotion and adoption of IT platforms by business applications and project teams
2.Key Internal and External Relationships.
a.End User Technology and Solutions, Infrastructure Management, EIS and Solution Centers of IS Units:
- Contribution to the application platforms and solutions life cycle management and rationalization
- Platform and solutions Service levels definition (in relationship with the IS Units)
- Regular evaluation and monitoring of the performance and competitiveness of GIS Platforms and Solutions
- Collaboration with other IT Platform Architects to implement integrates solutions and cross platforms services
- Participate in the GIS governance for key GIS technologies to enhance effectiveness of the IT platform through improved implementations of underlying infrastructure components and services
- Deployment of new application platforms and services
- Deployment of new applications
- Support of complex applications
- Lead implementations of continuous improvements for app platform and services
c.IS Partners and Program managers:
- Programs and project portfolio execution follow-up
- Service levels definition and follow-up
- Collaborate with IS Partners in the promotion of standard application platforms and services
d.External IS market:
- new technologies & vendors, peer exchange, benchmark
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community