Real World Data Management - Data Manager
Bridgewater, New Jersey, Cambridge, Massachusetts, Chilly-Mazarin, France
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
The Real-World Data Management Team is responsible for the patient data assets within Sanofi and enabling analytical teams across Sanofi to maximize the use of data for a wide range of applications. As the demand for real world patient data increases across the company and industry, our data management capabilities and capacity must grow to support the expanded use. This team has the subject matter domain expertise and experience implementing best practices to ensure the data are managed, governed and used in innovative ways to generate value along the Sanofi product pipeline.
We are looking for a Data Manager to join our team and help us grow the data-driven culture within Sanofi. You will be responsible for the management of data assets including anonymized Electronic Health Records, Medical Claims, patient registries, anonymized clinical data and other emerging data types. Internal and external collaborators will rely on your expertise to understand which data sets are best suited for their projects. You will help ensure that those who need access to the data know how to use the data appropriately and effectively.
The Data Manager role is highly connected to analytics, IT, data governance, legal and data privacy teams across the globe. You will work with data managers from other Sanofi data domains to implement best-practices and processes that allow the use of real-world data in new contexts. Our goal is to drive Sanofi’s strategy and operations through expanded understanding of, access to, and appropriate use of real-world patient data. Your technical expertise in data management combined with your passion for pushing the frontier of data and analytics will make you a valuable member of this team.
- Assess fitness of data assets for analytical purposes across the Sanofi organization
- Create and maintain a comprehensive view of data fitness across the Real-World Patient Data space
- Organize and maintain catalog of data assets
- Develop and implement procedures for effective data management aligned with FAIR principles
- Regularly monitor and evaluate health of data assets and identify potential impact on downstream analysis
- Serve as point of contact for external and internal data providers to coordinate and prioritize activities
- Create reports and dashboards for understanding content of data assets
- Implement rules and procedures for data sharing, and ensure compliance with data usage policies
- Contribute changes and/or improvements to data governance processes
- Ensure compliance with policy and SOPs
- Train assistants and other members of the team how to properly organize findings and read data collected
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in data management or analysis using biomedical or patient health data
- Experience working with private and sensitive personal information
- Cross-functional knowledge of pharmaceutical lifecycle, especially R&D and new product planning and resultant analytic needs (applications, methods, tools)
- Proven ability to accomplish individual, team and organizational objectives and drive operational excellence
- Ability to resolve and prioritize work across competing demands
- An analytical mindset, with a focus on continuously expanding the status quo
- Well-developed cultural sensitivity
Skills and Capabilities:
- Ability to organize large amounts of data.
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms.
- Knowledge of compliance, privacy and safety pertinent to real-world data analytics
- Computer Programming skills (SQL, R, Python)
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community