Real World Data Management - Data Expansion Lead
Bridgewater, New Jersey, Cambridge, Massachusetts, Chilly-Mazarin, France
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
The Real-World Data Management Team is responsible for the patient data assets within Sanofi and enabling analytical teams across Sanofi to maximize the use of data for a wide range of applications. As the demand for real world patient data increases across the company and industry, our data management capabilities and capacity must grow to support the expanded use. This team has the subject matter domain expertise and experience implementing best practices to ensure the data are managed, governed and used in innovative ways to generate value along the Sanofi product pipeline.
We are looking for a Data Expansion Lead to join our team and help us grow the data-driven culture within Sanofi. You will be responsible for ensuring our current and emerging data needs for global teams can be met through data licensing, third-party vendors, academic collaborations and strategic partnerships. Internal analytics teams will rely on you to provide them with potential solutions to their data needs. You will help develop the strategy for accessing real-world data to meet the strategic Sanofi objectives.
The Data Expansion Lead role is highly connected to analytics, IT, data governance, legal and data privacy teams across the globe. You will work closely with procurement, business development, commercial and research team leads to coordinate data assessment and evaluation activities between internal teams and external vendors and recommend solutions. Your business analytical expertise combined with your deep understanding of real-world patient data lifecycle will make you a valuable member of this team.
- Lead the effort to identify and communicate gaps within the current internal patient-level data assets and external relationships.
- Scope data acquisition strategy and roadmap to ensure access to appropriate data when needed.
- Identify vendors and partners that can access non-commercial data sets on behalf of Sanofi, and drive relationships
- Create and maintain a comprehensive view of data assets in key regions, and drive acquisition
- Integrate emerging data sources into key initiatives within the data and analytics function and more broadly at Sanofi as appropriate
- Assess quality and fitness of data assets for Sanofi analysis projects
- Direct activities of internal and external team members involved in supporting data assessment and evaluation.
- Ensure compliance with policy and SOPs
- Provide strategic input to the vision and development of a world class data management capability
- M.S., or M.B.A., and 5 years of experience in the life science or healthcare field
- 3+ years using, managing or analyzing patient data from biomedical and/or healthcare sources
- Technical knowledge in related competencies including modalities, sources and applications of patient-level data from clinical and real-world settings
- Cross-functional knowledge of pharmaceutical lifecycle, especially R&D and new product planning and resultant analytic needs (applications, methods, tools)
- Proven leadership promoting motivation and empowerment of others in order to accomplish individual, team and organizational objectives
- Requires high level of interactive communication including challenges to conventional thinking as necessary
- Well-developed cultural sensitivity
- Effectively represents the company externally to key stakeholders
Skills and Capabilities
- Creative construction, negotiation and mobilization of multi-stakeholder partnerships and commercial arrangements
- Knowledge of compliance, privacy and safety pertinent to real-world data analytics
- Expert communication skills
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community