Statistical Programming Project Leader
Bridgewater, New Jersey
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
The incumbent is a programming project lead (PPL), responsible for all programming activities at the level of a project, i.e. all studies and submissions. The incumbent:
- Provides and maintains project plan for all projects/studies including milestones, tasks, and coordination of programming activities
- Provides leadership and guidance to ensure high quality and timely statistical programming deliverables within a project, ensure technical validity, compliance to internal standards and SOPs, regulatory requirements
- Ensures standardization and consistency of documents and programming deliverables across studies (clinical study reports, CSR) and for integrated analyses (ISS/ISE)
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to metadata specifications and project/study specific data requirements
- Plans and leads regulatory submission activities
- Supervises the quality controls (QC) methods and processes for programming deliverables in both study and submission level activities.
- Participates in clinical project meetings and provide input, whenever relevant
- Identifies areas for improvements within a project and make suggestions for changes and implementation, as appropriate
- Acts as mentor to junior staff with regard to programming techniques, project management and implementation of standards
- Assists in the development, evaluation and support of junior staff and contractors
- Provides technical expertise and hands-on support to the programming team
In addition, at the department level, the incumbent:
- Leads/participates in working groups either within-department or as a department representative cross-function
- Supports department initiatives and task forces and contributes to department standards and processes
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent technical skills in statistical programming, with advanced knowledge in SAS, and other statistical computing software.
- Ability to perform, coordinate and oversee the preparation, execution, reporting and documentation of all programming deliverables of a project, with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge on regulatory requirement evolution (SDTM, SDRG, ADRG, ADAM, XML format, etc…); thorough understanding of pharmaceutical clinical development (i.e. understanding of statistical concepts, techniques and clinical trial principles) and ability to manage and lead regulatory submissions.
- Excellent understanding of internal SOPs and industry regulations.
- Ability to act as the key contact for programming management, to anticipate activities, alert for potential issues and propose adequate solutions.
- Ability to collaborate with external partners (CROs, Partners, etc.) and manage outsourced activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in an English global environment. Ability to have efficient exchanges with partners, service providers, and colleagues across geographical locations.
- Strong skills that demonstrate initiative, motivation, problem-solve and teamwork in global interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability and mindset to embrace change and continuously improve programming practice.
Formal Education and Experience:
- A candidate with a Bachelor or Master of Science degree or equivalent in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Life Science or related field, preferred.
- A candidate with a Master degree and 5+ years of programming experience preferably in processing clinical trial data in the pharmaceutical industry.
- A candidate with Bachelor degree and 7+ years of programming experience preferably in processing clinical trial data in the pharmaceutical industry.
Knowledge And Skills Desirable But Not Essential:
- Experience with other operating systems and packages such as UNIX, MS Office
- Experience with other Statistical and Graphics software packages such as R, SPLUS, JMP
- Experience with an Electronic Data Capture (EDC), such as RAVE, Oracle Clinical
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community