Manager Technical Accounting
Bridgewater, New Jersey
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
This position reports directly to the Head, Technical Accounting and is responsible for performing the identification, research, analysis and documentation of various accounting topics including operational projects, business initiatives, and contractual agreements to ensure compliance with the Sanofi Global Guide of Accounting (SAGA) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). This position will have significant interactions and visibility with senior level management, including multiple Executive Committee members, business development, and independent auditors. It will also be key that this position cooperates transversely with other teams within Corporate Consolidations & Statutory reporting to ensure awareness to ensure proper recording and disclosing of various accounting topics including operational projects, business initiatives and contractual agreements. This person will service all Global general business units (GBUs) and be part of the Finance organization.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Provide technical advice in such areas as revenue recognition from out-licensing, mergers & acquisitions, divestments, alliances, collaboration agreements, R&D in-licensing arrangements and lease agreements among other operational topics and strategic projects.
- Review accounting treatments with respect to financial instruments proposed by Corporate Treasury
- Review contemplated business transactions and agreements and assess Group accounting consequences (also on the basis of facts and circumstances)
- Collaborate with other groups within Consolidations and Statutory Reporting regarding the reporting and disclosure consequences on various accounting topics including operational projects, business initiatives and contractual agreements of which technical advice was provided.
- Collaborate with other groups outside of Consolidations and Statutory reporting regarding the accounting consequences of various accounting topics including operational projects, business initiatives and contractual agreements, specifically Account to Report, Tax, External Auditors etc.
- Write and communicate formal accounting position papers and memos for internal purpose to be distributed to the groups impacted internally as well as for external auditors.
- Interact with Internal Control as it relates to formalization of accounting treatments in regard to technical advice on key transactions and operational projects provided and perform SOX requirements as deemed necessary
- Assess preliminary impacts of new accounting and reporting pronouncements as it relates to existing and new contractual arrangements and key operational initiatives
- Provide input and examples for the Group accounting manual based on prior experience with historical complex transactions
- Participate in global accounts committees to provide technical accounting expertise on various projects and initiatives raised by the various countries as well as contractual agreements etc.
5-7 years work experience, in an accounting or finance role.
- CPA Certification
- Must have management/supervision experience in a public accounting firm.
- Knowledge of US GAAP & IFRS required
- Pharmaceutical industry knowledge a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills - written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal, proven leadership and team building skills are a must.Detail-oriented
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community