Head of CHC Partnering US
Bridgewater, New Jersey
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Sanofi Consumer Healthcare is looking to recruit an innovative and strategically attuned Head of CHC Partnering US for their US and North American business.
The position holder will be a key member of the leadership team of Sanofi CHC North America.
S/he will define, develop and execute business development and licensing transactions that contribute to Sanofi’s overall strategic growth targets and enable the company to continue along its path of strong, sustainable growth. The role will involve identifying new growth opportunities through external business development activities that will include licensing, partnering and selective M&A.
The role will involve identifying new and innovative growth opportunities through external business development activities that will include licensing, partnering/JV and selective M&A. To a great extend the external opportunities will play in the digital/technology area and will require an entrepreneurial spirit of the position holder to be able to identify, create, test and scale new business models and ventures.
The role has an end-to-end BD remit starting from lead identification and generation, screening of targets and the development of full business cases for selected targets, (co)-leading of due-diligence teams, sometimes acting as deal champion, to leading the negotiation and integration teams, and closing the deal for the North American region.
The role will also involve supporting the US strategy.
The primary objective of this role will be to identify and evaluate and prepare and present analyses of new business opportunities to the executive team and subsequently negotiate an execute the deals.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Working closely with the North American Executive Leadership team to identify and execute new business opportunities including e.g. products, digital/technology solutions, business platforms or companies for BD&L and M&A, that support the company’s growth strategy in North America.
- Own the development of these new business opportunities from design to contract
- Lead and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams ensuring that business opportunities are successfully executed with maximum speed, quality and value.
- Foster and further develop an active network with the external BD&L and M&A community and stakeholders, and act as the ‘go to person’ for external opportunities whilst proactively screening the North American market to identify new opportunities for Sanofi given our priorities.
- Pro-actively looks for partner companies to create collaboration opportunities in delivering large scale solutions answering specific North America market and consumer needs
- Develop business cases with a thorough understanding of the scientific and commercial basis of the opportunity and drive the internal and external evaluation process.
- Responsible for managing and progressing the internal investment approval chain
- Provide relevant business recommendations based on a complete and well documented understanding of the underlying science and products, the opinions of functional experts, and the projected financial return.
- Leadership of negotiation activity and oversight of the deal preparation and establishment and management of the deal-team.
- Presentation of potential deals to the executive leadership team.
- Successfully close deals and ensure seamless hand-over regarding post-deal integration and follow-up.
- Gain a clear understanding of Sanofi’s Consumer Healthcare strategy for growth and contribute to the formulation of such strategies.
- Remain current and alert on relevant industry changes (activities likely to include monitoring trade journals and press releases, networking with investment banks, venture capital firms and companies, and attending conferences to learn about and monitor new business development opportunities).
- The position holder will be a key member of the executive leadership team of Sanofi CHC North America
- Strong interactions with key function in the North America CHC organization, including e.g. digital, marketing, regulatory, finance, medicine.
- Interacts as key member of the global Sanofi CHC Partnering organization and gets support in assessing and signing new collaboration agreements.
- A wide-ranging network of external partners in the healthcare ecosystem including e.g. Digital companies, pharmaceutical companies (local/international), consultancies, investment banks, venture funds or start-ups.
Ideal Experience & Skills
- Experienced in the healthcare ecosystem and preferably specific knowledge in the field of Consumer Health Care
- Strong existing network with national and international healthcare companies, with developers, consultants and investment banks
- Extensive negotiation experience in approaching pharmaceutical companies to in-and out-licensing activities and ability to lead negotiations on a local level. Proven BD&L project leadership experience on a detailed level (incl. financial modelling, legal contractual know-how).
- Experienced in leading and motivating cross-functional teams without direct reporting line
- Ability to assess new product opportunities and partners from business, technology, medical, regulatory and marketing perspective
- Superior organizational, analytical, strategic thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong understanding of the consumer healthcare environment from a scientific and business perspective
- Take an analytical and strategically approach to new opportunities in combination with a target-oriented, pro-active and independent and entrepreneurial style of working.
- Strive for innovation to create maximum value for Sanofi CHC´s brands and the consumers
- Ability to motivate and communicate with people exhibiting different working styles and personal attitudes.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary projects, to drive the respective process and to achieve milestones according to the agreed timeline
- Result oriented and straight forward-thinking personality
- Broad cross functional understanding & general knowledge of the pharmaceutical business and patent related matters
- Strong social and intercultural skills, position holder acknowledge diversity and creates the room to motivate people to creativity & out of the box thinking ability to work under pressure, to work along agreed upon timelines and to achieve respective milestones
- A high caliber professional with a long and comprehensive working experience (10 plus years) from managing innovative, interdisciplinary external growth projects.
- A candidate that has worked in the healthcare industry in functions such as Business Development, Digital Transformation, strategic Marketing or Management Consulting resulting in a solid understanding the Consumer Healthcare field.
- Significant working experiences in the US market.
- Outstanding academic background; MBA, MSc preferred
- Fluent written and spoken English matched with excellent communication and negotiation skills. Additional languages are an asset.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community