Global Head, Patient Insights and Solutions- Bridgewater/NJ
Bridgewater, New Jersey
The Global Head, Patient Insights and Solutions will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive and consistent patient engagement strategy that will address the needs of the broader Sanofi organization. This strategy should include a thorough review of current unit structure, appropriate re-deployment of resources, alignment of related activities ongoing within the organization, optimization of methods to gather and assess Patient Insights, and centralization of organizational patient insight information. Utilizing these approaches, solutions should be developed within the scope and needs of our internal customers. Importantly, new methods to capture patient outcomes (passive and active) utilizing new and emerging technologies will be critical. Primary customers and partners would include, but not be limited to Global Business Units (GBUs), Research project teams, Development project teams, Medical, External Affairs, and Regulatory.
Description of role
The individual in this role will be responsible for the development of a consistent “platform” based approach to incorporating patient perspectives into organizational problem solving and decision-making. Appropriate alignment of the resources existing within the Patient Solutions team to effectively support the needs of the GBUs will be a primary mandate. Appropriate organizational structure will be required to ensure Patient Solutions teams have high connectivity within GBUs as well as with their designated Medical counterparts within each GBU. Open communication and a clear understanding of current GBU needs will be essential to success. Establishing a collaborative approach to the issues (the “what”) and the solutions (the “how”) will be a priority for this role.
Understanding the needs of internal stakeholders - while educating more broadly the importance and potential impact of appropriately gathered and implemented patient perspectives - will be essential to achieve the organizational acceptance of Patient Insights, the alignment of Insights with Solutions and the integration of Solutions into decision-making. Seeking innovative new methods and appropriate external partnerships will be critical factors in becoming an industry leader in this space.
Facilitating the integration of current patient focused activities throughout the developmental continuum will be a key factor in the “One Sanofi” concept of patient focused medicine development. As such, the current activities supporting the research and early development teams provided by the Medical Intelligence and Patient Perspectives (MIPP) group will report into the Patient Insights and Solutions Unit. Additionally, the connectivities of the MIPP group should be leveraged and expanded to benefit the broader base of Key Customers identified.
Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs) are a key component of patient input and are increasingly incorporated into Regulatory and Policy considerations and, as a result, clinical trial protocols. The PRO component will report into the Patient Insights and Solutions Unit and require an integrated vision to collaborate with activities ongoing within Real world Evidence (RWE), Risk-Benefit Analysis, clinical trial execution (CSO), Digital and those within Regulatory and Policy.
The individual in this role should be a champion and supporter of the many patient focused activities at Sanofi. As such, they should be comfortable speaking in external environments - sharing appropriate content in an effort to educate, inform and promote the good work being done within Sanofi.
- Lead strategy and operational execution of Patient Solutions and Patient Outcomes as well as internal process improvement/collaborations with Real World Evidence, Benefit-Risk Assessment, internal Patient Advocacy, Research and Development, Policy and Regulatory
- Identify and operationalize innovative methods of capturing patient insights, measuring patient outcomes and delivering measurable impact to the organization and its patients
- Provide insights through patient engagement for diverse internal stakeholders that include Research, Development, Medical, Global Business Units, Others
- Further advance and support the collection of novel Patient Reported Outcomes that can be validated and which align with regulatory requirements to allow use for registration and labeling. This would include new methods of collection (eg: digital)
- Development of Patient Solutions processes aligned across the Sanofi organization that involves a more comprehensive approach to patient care (Drugs+) integrating behavioral, analytical, epidemiological, hardware and software methodologies
- Develop new integrated processes that align with work of internal partners in Real World Evidence, Benefit-Risk assessments and Artificial Intelligence creating the highest value Insight-Solution-Outcome dynamic
- Working with external partners, seek new and improved methods to capture patient insights and new and improved methods of analyzing impact to deliver measurable improvements in patient outcomes. This could include software, hardware and analytic approaches (eg: AI).
- Work closely with internal advocacy partners to strategically align long-term unit and organizational goals with the development of long-term patient/advocacy group relationships
- Align patient focused activities and solutions with ongoing and future activities within Regulatory and Policy to create a consistent and bi-directional exchange of information to allow for ongoing learnings and impact on future policy, regulatory decision-making and internal developmental activities.
Scope of responsibility
- The scope of responsibility for this role will include oversight and responsibility for:
- Patient Insights and Solutions
- Structure patient solutions team with the goal of improved understanding and support of each GBU to ensure linking of patient insights with decision making
- Patient Reported Outcomes
- Continue to expand the process of data collection utilizing new technologies where appropriate and firmly align methodologies/analytics with regulatory requirements to ensure the collected data will support long-term company objectives
- Medical Intelligence and Patient Perspectives (MIPP)
- Through partnership with the Patient Solutions team and expanded access to patient insights, continued and improved support of research and development project teams to help inform decision making at critical milestones.
- Patient Insights and Solutions
- The scope and Responsibility for this role will include Influencing:
- The development of the “One Sanofi” patient focused medicine development process
- Integration of ongoing activities within Medical with those in R&D, Regulatory, and External Affairs (Policy/Advocacy)
- Development of single Patient Perspective Repository of collected information
- Closer alignment within REW, Risk-Benefit
- Primary internal customers and partners will be:
- Global Business Units
- Regulatory Affairs
- External Affairs
- Research and Development
- Business Development
Knowledge and Skills
- Academic Credentials: MD/DO. Advanced Business Degree preferred (eg: MBA)
- Patient facing experience required
- Understanding of the Payer environment a positive
- Experience in Pharma leadership role: 7-10 years
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and industry experience in managing products and people in a complex international, multicultural environment a positive.
- Acknowledged and positive reputation.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate extensively (internally and externally) and lead teams through complex work streams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously while effectively and efficiently managing a budget.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community