Global Head of Switch - Scientific
Bridgewater, New Jersey
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
This role requires a strong business focused technical leader who will lead a global cross-functional science switch team responsible for developing innovative switch strategies and executing against the strategies. This role is required to be a strong Science partner to the Commercial Leader role and will ensure the development and execution of strong switch strategies enabled by digitalization. Role will have Medical, Regulatory, PMs as direct reports. Will have indirect responsibility for all technical resources needed to ensure the execution and delivery of the programs e.g., Clinical Science and Regulatory Operations, PV, etc., and work with other leaders in the Science organization to ensure that these resources are available as needed for the execution of the Switch programs.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strategic & analytical thinking
- Creativity and problem-solving
- Leadership autonomy; strong executive presence & inspirational leadership
- Flexible to work across time zones and travel locally and internationally as needed.
- Ability to operate strategically and executionally.
- Strong mental agility and flexibility to adapt to constantly changing business environment Excellent communicator both written and verbal is a must.
Formal Education and Experience Required:
Degree: An advanced degree, e.g., PhD, MD, or Pharm D (is preferred) with experience in leading switch programs
- Minimum 15 years professional experience
- Direct experience in leading large-scale switch projects within multinational OTC/pharma industry is a must.
- Direct experience in working with Health Authority agencies and external organizations to influence switch environment. Strong understanding of technical requirements for switch
- Proven experience exploring new technologies to enhance switch opportunities is strongly desired.
- Knowledge and experience outside the US is desired
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Commercial Lead to Structure the governance of the Switch Ecosystem/circle to express its purpose, enact accountabilities, define metrics
- Assign science partners to the program Core Team roles; monitor fit, offer feedback to enhance fit and reassign roles to other partners when useful to enhance fit. Key Coach to Technical Program Facilitators and Project Managers across the programs.
- Identify and allocate roles/resources needed within technical switch ecosystem and from outside ecosystem (CHC SMEs or outside consultants) which ensured team cohesion and acts as a boundary spanner
- Primary/ Science lead link of Switch Ecosystem to Chief Science Officer
- Coach teams to progress against timeline milestones leveraging creative problem solving, innovative solutions, etc. surfaces barriers for help when needed
- Identify and build missing key capabilities for Switch
- Leverage external partnerships, key opinion leaders, etc., to influence switch environment
- Strategic player/coach for the technical development teams for all switch programs
- Partners with Commercial Switch Lead to develop and leverage key messages for switch programs and tailor as needed for key audiences (GLT, IR)
- Share learning and perspective for Global switch opportunities; determine/propose resources needed to pursue
- Supports and develops teams.
- Lead and inspire the cross functional team and direct reports on switches to deliver high performance; set objectives for the team and for individuals, measure achievement and offer necessary support
- Transversal team leadership is key in this role – as this position collaborates with almost all the functions within the business
Dimensions of the Position
Role is based in US and has a global scope.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community