Communications Director, Neurology & Immunology
Bridgewater, New Jersey, Swiftwater, Pennsylvania, Chattanooga, Tennessee, Cambridge, Massachusetts
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Director of Global Communications for Neurology & Immunology
Sanofi is seeking a strategic, motivated and experienced communications professional for the position of Director, Global Communications, Neurology & Immunology. This position will be responsible for planning and managing external and internal communications for the global franchise for Neurology & Immunology, both current and future brands. The position will report to the Vice President and Global Head of Communications for Sanofi Genzyme, and will be based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage comprehensive communication strategies internally and externally to support the business units brand priorities, including partnering with global media relations to ensure aligned messaging and positioning
- Provide strategic leadership in the creation and implementation of impactful communication programs, internally and externally, across brand areas, with preference given to priority assets. This may include disease awareness/brand integration programs; branded communication activity; digital communications; new product entries
- Good working knowledge of the overall digital and social media landscape with the ability to deliver innovative approaches and plans within this growing and important space.
- Contribute to executive communications and thought leadership plan in alignment with global executive communications and employee engagement strategies
- Collaborate, as appropriate, with Employee Engagement team on internal communications/engagement initiatives with the objective to engage employees with priority messages
- Manage public relations agencies
- Liaise and partner with U.S. and global colleagues across Communications and Public Affairs and Patient Advocacy
- Experience in pharmaceutical product areas, neurology, specifically multiple sclerosis and immunology is a plus
- Strong ability to work effectively across functions and levels and business units; proven collaborator
- Ability to counsel and interface successfully with senior executives and communications peers
- Ability to research, develop, deliver and measure communications strategies and plans with a goal of showcasing communications successes to internal and external audiences
- Expertise in communications concepts, practices, strategies and tactics based on understanding of key audiences and corporate objectives
- Proactive, self-starter and able to work independently and in team environment
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills and the ability to interact with confidence with various levels and functions
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Communications, Business Administration or Journalism
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills; demonstrated ability to work with senior leaders
- Strong issues management capabilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate in a heavy matrix environment
- Experience in internal and external communications
- Pharmaceutical product PR communications background
- 8-10 years of communications experience in the pharmaceutical area
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community