Clinical Project Leader
Bridgewater, New Jersey,
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
The Clinical Project Leader (CPL) is accountable for the execution of assigned clinical trials from feasibility to closeout at the United States Clinical Study Unit (US CSU) level (supporting the Global Study Team). Accountabilities include but are not limited to study timelines, study budget, and study conduct in accordance with Sanofi SOPs and ICH/GCP and regulatory guidelines & directives. The CPL acts as the key operational interface with internal and external stakeholders to develop, implement, maintain and improve operational processes for clinical trial conduct. The CPL oversees at a project level the Clinical Project Assistants (CPAs) and Clinical Research Associates (CRAs) with awareness of related functions and roles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, FORMAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge and Skills:
- Team Management
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical development
- Experience participating in and organizing CRA training and Investigator Meetings
- Risk identification, mitigation and escalation / issue management and escalation
- Problem-solving & decision making
- Interpersonal/Communication skills (written and verbal)-including proficiency in medical terminology
- Time Management
- Attention to detail
- Technical proficiency in trial management systems
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to embrace new technologies
- Knowledge of ICH/GP and regulatory guidelines and directives
Formal Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in scientific discipline or equivalent RN
- At least 5 years of experience in clinical trials
Knowledge andSkills Desirable But Not Essential:
- At least 2 years pharmaceutical project management experience
- At least 1-year field monitoring or site coordinator experience
- Cross-functional leadership & stakeholder management
- Ability to understand & implement strategic direction and guidance for respective clinical trials
- Proactive/anticipatory leadership
- Effective team management
- Influence and negotiation
Study start-up, implementation of protocol amendments, shifts in study timelines, recruitment and retention challenges, data management and vendor related issues can occur. Effective and proactive communication with various stakeholders can help successfully navigate these.
Key Internal and External Relationships:
- Clinical Research Operations Manager (CROM)-Project level updates, issue escalation, performance review and professional development-individualized
- Clinical Project Leaders (CPL)-Partnering with assigned co-CPLs or with CPLs across the US CSU for best practice sharing, knowledge transfer-as needed
- Global Study Manager (GSM) or Regional Study Manager (RSM)-Project related communications to support global study execution-as indicated
- Medical Advisor (MDA)-Medical related support of study and sites, training-as needed
- Clinical Research Associate (CRA)-Project related monitoring-as needed
- Clinical Project Associate (CPA)-Administrative project support-as needed
- Medical Science Liaison (MSL)-field insights, site specific support as indicated by CSU
Decision Making Authority:
- Project related decisions such as site selection, recruitment and retention, budget, and risk management planning at the country and site level.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community