Associate Director, US General Medicines Forecasting
Bridgewater, New Jersey
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Department: US General Medicines, Business Operations & Support, Business Analytics
Position: Associate Director, Forecasting
Primary responsibility of the role is to develop, manage & maintain defensible sales forecasts, perform detailed analysis to track brand performance vs. forecast and provide clear commentary to senior management for all aspects impacting sales performance relating to in-line brands and launch products within the U.S General Medicines business.
- Develop volume and/or patient-based forecasts to support brand performance analytics and decision-making, and demonstrating good judgment on the forecasting framework & approach
- Integrate the three P’s (patient, physician, payer) into the forecast process and developing analysis outside of the forecast models in support of optimizing resource allocation and quantifying brand growth levers
- Continually develop business acumen relating to current and future trends, policies, practices, and information affecting Sanofi brands and organization, as well as knowing the competition. In addition, develop knowledge regarding how strategies and tactics work in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Prepare accurate and insightful New Product and Business Development assessments, which include ranges for assumptions with the greatest impact and / or variability.
- Prepare insightful presentations to communicate forecast approach, assumptions, analysis and recommendations for various sales and financial analysis
- Ensure clear understanding across the various stakeholders for demand evolution by proactively performing analysis to validate demand data, interacting with various data stakeholders (data mgmt, market research and IQVIA) to understand possible deviations and effectively communicate adjustments / restatements to facilitate most accurate demand performance measurement.
- Maintain partnerships with Marketing, Sales Operations, Incentive Compensation, Trade Support, Supply Chain, Industrial Affairs, Market Access, Contracting Analytics & Operations, Investor Relations & External Affairs to ensure working knowledge of their processes to better support these departments relating to both forecasting and performance measurement.
Forecast Process / Reporting
- Lead reconciliation of forecasting assumptions between local and global marketing.
- Increase operational efficiencies and leverage existing systems to automate forecast reporting processes
- Lead change management throughout organization when new forecasting processes and data sources are analyzed, challenged and incorporated into sales forecasts.
Scope of organizational contacts
- Span of control includes the constant interaction with the Head of Business Units, brand teams, various members of Commercial Support, Business Intelligence, Sales Operations, Managed Markets, New Products, Life-cycle Mgmt, Pricing & Contracting Strategy, Medical Affairs, Corporate Controlling, Business Development, Global BU’s, Pharmaceutical Customer Solutions (including Global marketing and forecasting) and Puerto Rico.
- Bachelor’s degree required, mathematics based preferred (Finance, Economics, Statistics)
- 5+ years of experience performing forecasting, operational / reporting, market access or market research analytics within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, Forecasting applications, TM1
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of the organization, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong systems skills (Excel, preferably TM1, PowerPoint, various data and forecasting applications), self motivating, must have the drive to work with a sense of ownership for the position and department, understanding of internal controls.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community