Associate Director of Training, Consumer Health Care Commercial Operations - CHC
Bridgewater, New Jersey
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
The Sanofi CHC Commercial Operations team is seeking an Associate Director of Training as the primary leader for the creation and execution of the training and development plans for US based sales employees. This candidate will lead the development of a long-range learning plan. Additionally, this individual will partner with HR and will be responsible for guiding the leadership team through the assessment of the organization’s competencies. Along with this information, this candidate will work with the global capability team and outside vendors to build curriculum that enables various leadership levels to effectively develop the US Sales organization. The work of this individual is critical to the success of the business as this person will develop the 100-day onboarding training for all new hires as well as the continuing education plan. This candidate will have a direct and vital impact on the company’s future growth and success, as we look to invest in our people and advance the sales competency level of the entire organization. This individual needs to embody a “People First” approach to learning and lead through role modeling and demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset.
This candidate will work with the entire US Sanofi CHC Sales Organization, HR, Global Commercial Capability leaders.
- Own the creation of a learning journey roadmap for the US Sanofi CHC business along with a vision for how that plan would be leveraged to achieve the long-term competency level expected for the sales organization.
- Build the new hire training curriculum along with the plan to onboard those new to the company.
- Engage with the hiring manager to enable him/her to customize the plan for the individual.
- Invest in the new hire’s development to ensure that he/she receives adequate nurturing throughout the first 100 days.
- Ensure the new hire training plan is sustainable throughout the first year.
- Recruit sales leaders within the organization to assist with the new hire program execution.
- Create the selection process and ongoing certification so that there are clear criteria for consideration as well as recognition for those that contribute to the success of the new hire.
- Develop and implement Selling Skills & Leadership Development Curriculum
- Own the creation of the curriculum, how it is delivered in person or virtually, the pre-work and follow-up, and overall assessment by the attendees.
- Lead regular checkpoints with the Sales Leadership Team to assess the training needs of the organization and to ensure that leaders are following through on the agreed to training plans.
- Teach the leaders how to enhance their leadership results with their organization, versus doing it for them. Work with HR and the sales leaders to ensure that all individuals have a personal development plan.
- Work closely with the business leaders on the learning requirements for all Sales organization engagements such as the National Sales Meeting.
- Manage the creation of a distinguished Sales Master program which identifies those in the organization that have demonstrated capabilities which make them the “Best of the Best”.
- Design a plan to leverage these Sales Masters as not only the subject-matter experts for the ongoing capability building of the entire organization, but as visible role models.
- Manage overall training process
- Develop & govern Commercial Training Standard Operating Procedure.
- Manage roster and curriculum enrollment.
- Monitor training completion and timely certification management where applicable.
- Curriculum support - i.e. add/remove available courses, determine which content needs to be strengthened, evaluate learner assessments, etc.
- Develop an understanding of the Medical, Legal and Regulatory review process and execute when needed.
- Manage and maintain curricula and assessments expiration.
- Direct questions from the learners to Learning Management System (LMS) support teams - i.e. be the primary point of contact for learner should they have questions or need assistance.
- Lead the RFP process with outside consultants and vendors who assist Sanofi CHC with training of the organization.
- Develop the SOW for new and existing projects along with ensuring the training deliverables exceed expectation and are completed on time and within budget.
- Meet with the balance of the Commercial Operations team to co-develop plans to drive efficiency in the go-to-market plans and to ensure that we are building capacity for the field sales team to sell.
- Collaborate with other Commercial Capability leaders across the globe to share best practices and content.
- Partner with the Sales Leadership Team in identifying future leaders in the organization and play an active role in their development.
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Consumer Healthcare / Consumer Package Goods experience preferred
- Strong project management ability, including ability to manage diverse relationships
- Expertise with administration of Learning Management Systems preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Work with multiple business partners and vendors - exchanging with all levels
- Strategic thinker - take a broad view and draw information from diverse and varied sources
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Ability to plan, set priorities and working under pressure to meet deadlines
These characteristics describe you
- You have a demonstrated track record of a minimum of 10 years in the area of growing the business and developing a sales organization, preferably within OTC/Healthcare and Personal Care.
- You are a model of collaborative behavior and execution in delivering great moments of learning for Sanofi’s people.
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, the Sanofi team, and the world around you.
- You are driven by helping those around you excel.
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel and or pivot in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a sales leader, engaging and energizing others in developing and owning your vision for learning, leveraging cross-organization collaboration to achieve best solutions.
- You understand the fundamentals of business processes, how to use key business measures, understand the marketplace and are knowledgeable about Consumer Health Care brands.
- You remain current in the area of Training/Sales Capability and converts new knowledge into practical applications.
- You combine data, judgment and intuition based on your expert knowledge and experience to make informed and timely business decisions.
- You act as an owner of the business and are accountable for your results.
- You anticipate the future learning environment, find meaningful connections in and out of the industry that drives Sanofi competencies and allows us to win in the marketplace versus competition.
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community