Medical Science Liaison - Hematologic Oncology - New England
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Hematologic Oncology Medical Science Liaison
Regional coverage: New England
Optimal base location: Boston
NOTE: Territory includes New England. The successful candidate must live in the territory, or be willing to relocate there at its own cost.
Summary of purpose/major responsibilities:
The Mission of Sanofi’s MSL Team and the Medical Science Liaison is to be the trusted scientific partners in the field for external experts and decision-makers engaging in mutual scientific exchanges to accelerate data dissemination. Sanofi’s Medical Field base teams enhance the understanding of the scientific and medical value of our products in the therapeutic area and gather new insights by bringing cutting edge scientific exchange today that accelerates medical innovation tomorrow.
The Hematologic OncologyMedical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-facing role whose main objectives are to:
- Be the trusted scientific partner to key external experts by conducting timely, appropriate and frequent scientific exchanges to enhance the understanding of the scientific and medical value of our products.
- Execute on stakeholder engagement plans to gather data, develop and share medical insights that contribute to the enhancement of Sanofi’s key medical messages, plans, and future research.
- Keep abreast of medical and scientific developments in the field of Oncology/Hematology to help identify and critically assess research opportunities and to play a supportive role in the execution of evidence generation plans to enhance the value of our products in a real-world setting
- Recognize record and share insights that deepen our understanding of the needs of patients, consumers, regulators, payers, and healthcare providers and proactively contribute towards identifying unmet needs.
- Maintain effective and appropriate communication among internal stakeholders (Medical Affairs colleagues, Medical Information and Commercial Operations) while maintaining full compliance with relevant company, industry, legal and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate operational understanding and risk management by ensuring excellence in the execution of all governance processes.
- Engages external stakeholders on medical and scientific information in the area of Hematology/Oncology during one-on-one interactions and group settings, exhibiting excellent scientific and clinical knowledge.
- Uses strong knowledge of relevant diseases and disease management protocols, healthcare environment and competitors to articulate the medical and scientific value of our products with external experts.
- Establishes robust, long-term peer relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and other stakeholder partners.
- Actively engages with appropriate stakeholders on medical, clinical, epidemiologic, and scientific topics to advance their understanding of the disease by sharing information and answering questions based on approved material within Regulatory guidelines.
- Engages with appropriate stakeholders to understand the state of healthcare policies and guidelines as they relate to clinical practices at a local, state, regional, federal, or national level.
- Uses defined systems to map, identify, profile, and prioritize stakeholders in line with the Hematology/Oncology medical plan and look for opportunities to collaborate and build a value-based partnership addressing the HCP's therapeutic goals.
- Effectively utilizes the Scientific Engagement Model to plan territory and individual stakeholders (Key Opinion Leaders, payers, HCP, etc.) medical strategy and engagement interaction plans consistent with the Field Base Medical Activity Plan and medical function priorities.
- Effectively utilizes the Scientific Engagement Model for attending and establishing a Sanofi Medical presence at relevant scientific congresses and symposia as directed.
- Organizes educational meetings or local scientific advisory boards when requested.
- Supports speakers' training to ensure continued scientific support in the field.
- Responds to unsolicited requests for medical information associated with supported products and disease state areas.
- Gathers data and generates insights from stakeholder interactions and provides feedback to the organization.
- Recognize and collect feedback/reactions from multiple data sources and various stakeholders.
- Critically evaluate key insights from published studies and stakeholder interactions that deepen our understanding of the market needs and opinions of external stakeholders and therefore contribute to the enhancement of Sanofi’s scientific messages, plans, strategy, systems, and product development.
- Maintain awareness of and assesses emerging evidence in the Hematology/Oncology disease area to educate and enhance discussions with key stakeholders.
- Collaborates effectively with internal stakeholders.
- Distribute relevant scientific and medical information and key external insights to internal stakeholders when requested.
- Collaborate, as directed, with Commercial Operations, Business Development, Regulatory, etc. to facilitate diligence reviews, medical and safety evaluation, product positioning, lifecycle evidence planning, and compliance needs.
- Contribute to the creation of material for internal and external stakeholders where applicable, following internal Sanofi policies, and Federal and National Policies as applicable.
- Supports evidence-generation activities by aiding in data acquisition and identifying opportunities for further data collection clinical or investigator-led.
- Monitors disease epidemiology and provide support, including protocol development, when needed on various types of studies: long-term surveillance, compliance, pharmacovigilance, and effectiveness studies.
- Identifies data collection opportunities during stakeholder interactions and reports these using approved processes.
- Maintains awareness of clinical trial activity within the territory and suggests clinical trial sites as requested.
- Responds to unsolicited requests regarding interest in Investigator-Sponsored Studies (ISS), and supports ISS submissions through appropriate internal processes.
Context of the job/major challenges:
- Able to operate independently (with minimal supervision) and navigate complex regulatory environments in person and via digital channels from remote (non-office based) environment.
- Substantial travel of ~ 60% regionally and nationally
- Effectively mediate KOL's complex and controversial opinions vs corporate policy decisions ensuring KOL relationships/medical strategy are not negatively impacted.
- Ensures regulatory boundaries regarding non-promotional activities are respected vis-à-vis commercial partners.
- Advanced degree in a technical, scientific or medical field of Hematology/Oncology (MD, Ph.D., PharmD,) preferred, or other Relevant Life Sciences Degree (PA, MSN, OCN) with Hematology/Oncology Healthcare Specialization required.
Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to pass a complete background check.
Driving a company car in a safe manner to daily meetings and appointments is required.
Responsible for operating the motor vehicle using safe driving practices, knowledge of and compliance with all company policies, and obeying all traffic laws.
- Previous pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Clear understanding of Hematology/Oncology medical practice, clinical decision making and healthcare systems related to patient care.
- Ability to interpret key scientific data and translate this information to meet educational and research needs.
- Demonstrated ability to address educational and research needs through the delivery of cutting edge scientific/evidenced-based data.
- Understand the design and execution of research studies.
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in working on multi-disciplinary teams and managing a significant volume of projects.
- Actively listens to others and is adept at confidently stating expert opinion while respecting the positions of others - can exert diplomacy while standing firm on a position.
- Utilizes effective, professional communications to cultivate strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues, flexible in their own approach to people and situations.
- Skilfully plans, prioritizes, and executes multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills (by example and through accomplishments), steps forward to handle challenges within the scope of authority.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of local regulations and codes of practice for the pharmaceutical industry, in particular as they apply to the non-promotional activities of this role.
- Demonstrates scientific expertise - stays abreast of data, treatment trends, and new information in the profession and ability to articulate therapeutic knowledge and translate expert feedback into appropriate insights.
- Knowledge of relevant healthcare systems, the evolving medical landscape, regulatory and payer environment, public health and industry trends.
- Proficiency in digital tools.
- Working knowledge of English.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Genzyme Glassdoor: #GD-SG
Genzyme LinkedIn: #LI-GZ
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community