Area Business Manager
Area Business Manager Lemtrada- Multiple Sclerosis
Sanofi Genzyme, the specialty care business unit of Sanofi, focuses on rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, and immunology. We help people with debilitating and complex conditions that are often difficult to diagnose and treat. Our approach is shaped by our experience developing highly specialized treatments and forging close relationships with physician and patient communities. We are dedicated to discovering and advancing new therapies, providing hope to patients and their families around the world. Learn more at www.sanofigenzyme.com.
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi is organized into five global business units: Diabetes and Cardiovascular, General Medicines and Emerging Markets, Sanofi Genzyme, Sanofi Pasteur and Consumer Healthcare.
In this field based, Specialty Sales position, you will have responsibility for the promotion of Lemtrada a MS infusion therapy. Within a highly competitive marketplace, you will be called upon to successfully execute sales launch strategies to meet / exceed demand targets within your geographic territory.
- Educate targeted healthcare providers on the benefits of a new MS therapy within your assigned territory
- Develop and communicate deep scientific understanding of MS, assigned, and competitive products within the MS marketplace
- Cultivate and maintain long-term business relationships with key accounts and key opinion leaders within the MS community
- Develop and implement a territory specific business plan and utilize all available resources to foster a successful sales environment and deliver on business unit objectives
- Effectively convey complex clinical and reimbursement product information to key stakeholders in a highly competitive marketplace
- Execute a customer centric needs based selling approach with targeted Healthcare Providers
- Collaborate effectively with Thought Leader Liaisons, Area Business Managers, Business Relations Managers, Infusion Support Managers, Site Coordinators, Managed Markets, Medical Field and home office teams as require
- Conduct promotional programs for both professional and patient audiences
- Achieve and exceed assigned monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Attend local, regional and national meetings as directed
- BA/BS Degree
- 5+ years industry sales experience (pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device) or 1-3 years internal field experience with a Sanofi or Sanofi-Genzyme product or a minimum of 6 months in an internal Zone Business Associate role, or 3+ years clinical neurology experience such as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Registered Nurse, and/or Neurodiagnostic Technologist
- MS sales and/or experience selling to neurology strongly preferred
- Experience with infusion products or “buy and bill” model strongly preferred
- Sales launch experience, understanding of local managed markets environment, and pull-through experience strongly preferred
- Experience placing products on hospital formularies strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal communication skills are essential to the success in this position
- Must have the ability to create and implement a business plan to achieve territory and business sales goals
- Strong collaboration skills and proven ability to work across multiple functions
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience conducting speaker programs
- Should reside within the geographic area of the assigned territory
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and scientific product-related information
- Ability to travel to meetings/training's/programs as necessary - additional travel may be required within the assigned territory
- Valid driver's license
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community