Director/Associate Director, Medical Managed Care – Regional Accounts, West Region
Billings, MT;Salt Lake City, UT;Cheyenne, WY;Boise, ID;Portland, OR;Remote, US
Sanofi, in the U.S. and Canada, strives to create a diverse and inclusive work environment that empowers employees to drive their careers and be successful. As the field-based scientific lead serving as the comprehensive scientific/medical/managed care expert for the Sanofi, candidates within Medical Affairs will help build strong relationships and networks with healthcare decision makers, provide insights to internal teams on evidence gaps to help inform research and product strategy, and identifies/facilitates outcomes research, education, and other collaborations per applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The position supports strategic and cross functional alignment within the organization in order to optimize patient access and ensure safe and appropriate use of Sanofi therapies.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
Medical Managed Care, Regional Accounts
The Medical Managed Care team member (Liaison, Associate Director or Director) serves as the medical scientific lead for population-based healthcare decision makers to facilitate scientific exchange on disease state management and the value of Sanofi Genzyme products, to provide insights to internal teams on key evidence gaps relevant to healthcare decision-makers, and to identify/facilitate research, education, and other collaborations per applicable SOPs. This position represents the MS and Immunology franchises serving as the MMC lead for assigned strategic regional accounts.
The MMC assists in providing medical leadership and expertise to sales, marketing, legal and regulatory functions for marketed products and compounds in development. The position supports the strategic and cross functional alignment within the organization in order to achieve the medical mission of safe and appropriate use of Sanofi Genzyme therapies. The MMC assists in the development of Integrated Medical Plans through collaboration with Medical Communications and Publications, Medical Science Liaisons, and Health Outcomes personnel for assigned products. In particular, this position serves as the MMC field strategic lead for multiple sclerosis and immunology, and, in doing so, liaises with the respective therapeutic area medical units and other internal stakeholders to provide input and to develop and implement field strategy, tactics, and associated resources and training needs for the MMC team. In partnership with multiple internal stakeholders, the MMC aids in developing short and long-term strategies to integrate and advance the communication and needs of the oncology specialty community. This position reports to MMC, Regional Director- West and is a member of the Sanofi Genzyme North American Medical Affairs team.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as medical scientific lead for assigned healthcare accounts and organizations.
- Identify, develop and maintain credible scientific partnerships with key medical, pharmacy, quality & health economics/outcomes/analytics healthcare decision-makers and opinion leaders within assigned accounts.
- Lead development and execution of customized medical account plans for assigned accounts in alignment with current Sanofi-Genzyme medical strategies and tactics and per approved policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Facilitate scientific exchange, education and provides access to medical, health policy, and health economic information (e.g., clinical presentations, dossier, budget impact models, etc.), and tailor information to meet the evidence needs of healthcare decision-makers, in alignment with current medical brand strategies and in a compliant manner.
- Collect and share customer insights and evidence gaps that help to inform and advance product portfolio development and customer engagement, including medical brand strategies, customer educational needs, scientific/health outcomes communications, and research priorities. Director level MMC will assist in developing insights into strategy.
- Develop key medical contacts related to clinical, evidence-based disease management/health outcome initiatives, aligned with overall medical brand strategy. Director level MMC will develop strategic medical partnerships and serve as mentors to MMC team members.
- Identify key contacts with applicable national/regional/local medical, payer, and advocacy associations.
- Provide support for Sanofi- Genzyme scientific advisory boards and symposia. Attend and participate as appropriate in corporate and scientific conferences. Director level MMC will provide input and serve as leads.
- Work cross-functionally with US Market Access (USMA) Account Director team, as well as field commercial teams when needed and as appropriate, to coordinate engagement of and response to customers’ medical/scientific needs including alignment with additional Sanofi-Genzyme resources (e.g., Medical Directors, Brand Team member, HEOR/HEVA, or other functions).
- Provide input to the Medical Managed Care Team for the development and delivery of field tools, resources, materials and training (e.g. product dossier, economic models, slide kits, articles, review summaries etc.). Director level MMC will provide support and lead the development and delivery, including associated budget management.
- Participate in internal cross-functional teams to provide input on evidence needs, educational opportunities, and resources. Director level MMCs will participate in publication plans, therapeutic area strategies and tactics planning
- Serve as mentor/preceptor for fellows and students. Associate Directors and Directors will have added mentor responsibility for other MMCs.
Other Director level Responsibilities
- Facilitate the development and placement of appropriate clinical/ health outcomes and population health management studies with appropriate field and home office collaboration and support that is consistent with all applicable policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Contribute to the organization and submission of outcomes research project data for presentation at scientific congresses and authorship in scientific publications.
- In alignment with the Medical Managed Care Team Education and Training leader, provide internal training and share expertise on scientific, health policy, and HEOR data to appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide strategic input to senior leadership teams
Knowledge, Skills, and Equivalent Experience
- Understanding and knowledge of current US healthcare system, healthcare delivery, and biotechnology drug/devise development process required. (Foundational for Liaison level; Proficient for Associate Director level; Advanced for Director level)
- Knowledge of HEOR disciplines, and basic understanding of biostatistics and evidence-based medicine required (i.e. research methodology, developing clinical protocols, clinical reports, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills required. (Foundational for Liaison level; Proficient for Associate Director level; Advanced for Director level)
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and work effectively in a constantly changing environment in both an independent and collaborative manner.
- Demonstrates a customer service mindset and the ability to gain insights and identify customer needs and opportunities.
- Strategic thinking and business acumen. (Proficient for Liaison level and Associate Director level; Advanced for Director level)
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge to effectively communicate medical, scientific, health economic, and business information to internal and external stakeholders.
Educational Background/Job-Related Experience
- Education: Advanced degree required; Doctoral degree - MD, PharmD, or PhD (clinical) strongly preferred; MBA or additional degree in health economics, health outcomes, public health or health policy is a plus.
- Managed care experience (e.g., experience as medical/clinical executive within managed healthcare organization or similar experience within the pharmaceutical industry) (Required for Director level)
- Clinical and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in specialty therapeutic fields strongly preferred (e.g., Multiple Sclerosis, Immunology, Dermatology, Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Oncology)
- Pharmaceutical industry, managed care experience, or similar organizational required (e.g., field based medical/HEOR, value-access, market access) (2 years for Liaison level; 3-5 years for Associate Director level; > 5 years for Director level).
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to pass a complete background check.
- Driving a company car in a safe manner to daily meetings and appointments is required.
- Responsible for operating the motor vehicle using safe driving practices, knowledge of and compliance with all company policies, and obeying all traffic laws.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet