Walmart Team Leader, CHC
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
The Team Leader, Walmart Team is the primary strategic leader for Walmart (our largest retail partner). This role will lead our comprehensive business plan and inspire a dedicated team representing the entire Sanofi portfolio. This role plays a direct and vital impact on the company’s future growth and success, as we continue to build innovation and scale for our portfolio while significantly broadening the awareness, trial potential, and efficiency for the overall business. This individual needs to embody the understanding that customers are the humans who use our products, not the retailers we sell through. Our retail team should deeply understand our brands and the customers who use our brands and can finish brand partner’s sentences. We will refer to retailers as “partners” vs. “customers” – they are our partners in service of our customers
The Team Leader, Walmart Team is a customer-facing role whose main objectives are to:
- Lead the Sanofi North America CHC strategy to develop Sanofi’s business portfolio with Walmart, to include delivering budgeted sales revenue, innovation sales, category share, profitability, and supply chain goals.This includes leading a cross-functional team that will surround our partner with total solutions capability for in-store and on-line success.
- Own the establishment and execution of our overall vision and strategy to win with Walmart, to include collaborating to secure input, investment and support from internal cross-functional partners.
- Build and foster relationships with Senior-level leadership at Walmart, including merchandising, marketing, supply chain and store operations.This includes building and owning a Joint Value Creation plan and scorecard, which encompasses our mutual growth targets and strategic investment areas for Sanofi across a 3-year timetable.
- Manage and own the Walmart Team P&L, including trade investment and overall Operational Execution considerations.
- Lead and represents the singular, one voice of Walmart who champions Walmart’s expectations within internal functions and operations.
- Lead robust category-level Joint Business Plans with corresponding scorecards that represent mutually defined annual goals and achieve the sales fundamental goals of distribution, shelf, pricing and merchandising.
- Lead the hiring, training and development of top talent for Sanofi – creating a highly collaborative and effective culture that reflects our Vision, Mission, and Values.
- Manage a high functioning team and agency partners to serve the needs of Walmart and Sanofi at an optimal and mutually defined ROI.
- Define and lead the necessary business questions and support from data analytics and shopper/consumer insights, to position Sanofi as the thought leader in the Health Care and Personal Care categories in which we compete.
- Partner closely with key Walmart leadership and contacts, Sales Strategy for go-to-market planning, Distribution and Supply Chain for operational and fulfillment needs, R&D for product and display design needs, Marketing for brand strategy and innovation.
- B.A. / B.S.degree required, MBA preferred.
- 10 + years of proven delivery within OTC/Healthcare and Personal Care, both top and bottom-line results required. Excellent business acumen; proficient category, segment and RX to OTC switching knowledge
- 3+ years of Walmart experience. Extensive macro U.S. trade channel experience to include shopper journeys, eComm, syndicated and shopper data. Proficient in all functional areas to include CPFR/demand planning and business analysis
- Experience in working on multi-disciplinary teams and managing significant volume of projects.
- Previous pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Clear understandig of medical practice, clinical decision-making and healthcare systems related to patient care.
- Self-motivated and inspire others when facing highly ambiguous, complex situations.
- Curiosity and passion for creating breakthrough moments in store merchandising and store operation execution.
- Model collaborative behavior and execution in delivering great programming for Sanofi’s brand at retail
- Eager to learn, seeking to improve oneself, the immediate team, and the greater community
- Promote and lead with direct, honest, and supportive communication
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates scientific expertise - stays abreast of data, treatment trends, and new information in the profession and ability to articulate and translate expert feedback into appropriate insights
- Utilizes effective, professional communications to cultivate strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues, flexible in own approach to people and situations
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community