National Account Manager, Sam's Club
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Sanofi Consumer Health Care, National Account Manager, Sams
The National Account Manager, Sam’s Club is the primary business owner for Sanofi’s CHC business at Sam’s Club. This role will lead our comprehensive Joint Business Plan and inspire a multi-functional team to execute that plan across Sam’s business model. This role plays a direct and vital impact on the company’s future growth and success, as we continue to build innovation and scale for our portfolio while significantly broadening the awareness, trial potential, and efficiency for the overall business. As such, you embrace the Walmart/Sam’s purpose to save people money so they can live better and collaborate across their enterprise to leverage Sanofi capabilities for mutual benefit.
While this role will reside within the Club Channel business team, very close collaboration is required with the Walmart team. The Sam’s Club NAM will be responsible for leading all partner development activities, cultivating relationships across all functions – merchandising, marketing, store operations, supply chain, finance and omnichannel development. As the Sam’s NAM, you will have a multi-functional organization to support your business. Your knowledge and collaboration across these functions will enable you to develop solutions that monetize value for Sam’s and the Sanofi brands.
Your core responsibilities
- Leverage the brand strategy to develop Sanofi’s business with Sam’s, to include delivering budgeted sales revenue, innovation sales, category share, profitability, and supply chain goals. This includes leading the development of a robust Joint Business Plan that will surround our partner with total category solutions capability for in-store and on-line success. The JBP will include corresponding scorecards that represent mutually defined annual goals and achieve the sales fundamental goals of assortment, merchandising, pricing and shelf.
- Own the establishment and execution of our Category vision and strategy to win with Sam’s, to include collaborating to secure input, investment and support from internal cross-functional partners.
- Build and foster relationships with your buyers at Sam’s, as well as merchandising, marketing, supply chain and store operations. This includes building and owning the communication of shipment forecasts, promotional strategies, and quarterly business reviews.
- Manage and own the brand P&L, including trade investment and trade forecasting. You are responsible for creating sufficiency in our Sam’s annual customer business plan, along with building transparency internally to the risks and opportunities for that business plan on a quarterly basis.
- Is the singular, one voice of Sam’s business, who champions Sam’s expectations within internal functions and operations.
- Define and lead the necessary business questions and support from data analytics and shopper/consumer insights with your team and agency partners, to position Sanofi as the thought leader in the category.
These characteristics describe you
- A strong leader with demonstrated track-record for exhibiting an entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a general management mindset and capabilities.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of proven delivery in CPG, preferably within OTC/Healthcare/Personal Care, both top and bottom-line results required. Excellent business acumen; proficient category and Health Care segment knowledge.
- Sam’s/Club experience preferred.
- You are self-motivated, and inspire others when facing highly ambiguous, complex situations.
- Curiosity and passion for creating breakthrough moments in store merchandising and store operation execution.
- A model of collaborative behavior and execution in delivering great programming at retail.
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you.
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication.
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel.
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- B.A./B.S. required.
Who you will work with
- You'll work most closely with key Sam’s buyers and contacts, Sales Strategy for go-to-market planning and insights, demand planning and logistics for operational and fulfillment needs, Sales Finance for forecasting, Marketing for brand strategy and innovation and your agency for analytics support.
- You report to the Head of Diversified Channel, Sanofi CHC.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community