Diabetes Area Business Leader - Arlington, VA - D0AL0990
At Sanofi US, we are committed to the growth of our people, connected in purpose by career, life and health. Headquartered in Bridgewater, NJ, Sanofi US is part of a leading global healthcare company that is dedicated to improving health and driving back disease by making innovative medicines accessible to people around the world. Our extensive research and development efforts address key health care challenges in cardiology, oncology, and internal medicine, as well as metabolic diseases and central nervous system disorders. Sanofi US, along with the other US affiliates, Genzyme, Sanofi Pasteur, Merial and Chattem, employs more than 17,000 people across the country. Commitment is our Strength. Ready to grow together.
Sanofi US endeavors to make our career center accessible to any and all users. If you are experiencing difficulty and need assistance applying online, please call 1-800-207-8049 Option 7, then Option 3.
First-line leader with primary responsibility for Diabetes Sales Professional oversight. Trains, coaches, and oversees the development of new and tenured Diabetes Sales Professionals. Responsible for achieving assigned district goals and for translating all dimensions of national marketing plans and strategies into effective sales tactics to be carried out by the Diabetes sales teams in an assigned district. Typically works cross functionally in developing business plans for their geographies as well as participating in the formulation of area strategy and programs.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Leading a team of sales professionals responsible for driving sales of Sanofi products
- Responsible for developing district business plan and ensuring it is being executed by the sales professionals within the district
- Teaching, training and coaching sales professionals regarding product and disease state knowledge
- Responsible for people development, performance management and mid-year and year-end job performance reviews for team members
- Responsible for recruiting and staffing sales professional positions within the district
- Special Assignments as needed
- Responsible for assuring compliance with the road safety program for drivers under their supervision, including assessing employee’s driving performance and working with drivers to improve performance where needed
- Develop a deep understanding of key market drivers, business dynamics, and provide insights to your broad cross-functional team
- Effectively allocate and manage resources across the district
Travel up to 80% dependent on geography.
- BA/BS from an accredited school required. Focus in business or life science preferred
- 3+ years of successful field territory management experience
- Broad knowledge of principles and methods in a recognized professional field, or working knowledge of multiple fields
- Strong leadership, team building skills, as well as, excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and must demonstrate sound judgment and decision making ability
- Driving a company car in a safe manner to daily meetings and appointments is required
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community