Lead Federal Public Policy Job at Public Affairs at SanofiPrimary Location Washington, DC Job Category Public Affairs Requisition Number R6407 Date posted 06/07/2017
This role is a key member of the US Reimbursement and Public Policy team within US Government Relations (USGR). The Lead, Federal Public Policy will help drive business value by providing proactive and reactive federal legislative analysis and solutions to advance Sanofi business interests.
The Lead, Federal Public Policy will identify and manage both short-term and long-term US health care issues and trends that will affect Sanofiâ€™s US operations including matters concerning access, transparency, R&D, tax, trade, distribution, sales and marketing, environmental concerns and other potential issues that would impede our ability to operate in the US. The role requires cross functional integration across a range of business issues and functions with a primary focus on the US market and how changes to it will affect global operations, revenue and other key corporate metrics.
This role will provide analysis and support for Federal Government Relations, External Affairs initiatives, US and global senior management (including the CEO) and support interactions with PhRMA, BIO, and other trade/policy groups as needed.
This role will work closely with Global Policy leadership and will ensure that US positions are aligned with global policy positions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct Strategic Analysisâ€”Initiate and conduct strategic analysis of broad healthcare policy proposals and prioritize issues which impact the ability to operate effectively as an innovator and manufacturer of therapeutic health solutions.
- Establish Policy Positionsâ€”Collaborate with Global Policy and key US business leaders and External Affairs colleagues to establish strategic policy positions and initiatives that help meet the US regionâ€™s commercial goals and objectives.
- Assess Policy Impactsâ€”Independently conduct or direct quantitative studies to assess impacts of new policies or proposed changes in policy on Sanofi.
- Develop Policy Proposals-- Develop policy proposals that advance Sanofi policy positions and objectives in the US, in collaboration with Business Units, R&D, Global Policy and other appropriate functions (e.g., Reimbursement, Market Access, Public Affairs, State Policy, etc.).
- Provide Insight and Support for Executives-- Provide health care environment analysis, insights and position support for US senior management, and global management (including the CEO). This includes supporting leadership in carrying out their roles in representing Sanofi on trade association and advocacy organization governing boards and in representing the company before government entities or officials, including the US Congress.
- Drive Alignment on Key Issues-- Coordinate with External Affairs colleagues and other appropriate functional areas to proactively inform and educate Sanofi management and employees about significant and timely positions and external developments and to provide support in decision making around key policy areas with a â€œOne Sanofiâ€ mindset.
- Engage Externally-- Represent Sanofi in policy conversations in appropriate external venues, including trade associations and other policy-oriented organizations, and establish Sanofi as an industry leader within such organizations.
Bachelorâ€™s Degree from Accredited College or University plus Minimum10 years of experience
Minimum 10 years of experience in US federal healthcare policy, advocacy and research, an understanding of broad strategic product development and commercialization issues, P&L, and other long-term pharmaceutical business implications of policy; ability to synthesize and then educate groups and individuals about issues in health care and government trends. Demonstration of influencing skills and ability to work successfully in highly matrixed organization.
Understanding of the policy environment and commercial and strategic business implications. Expertise in identifying, quantifying, synthesizing and then educating groups and individuals about proposed changes, and on-going issues in health care and government trends. Must be able to work independently, take and lead initiatives, and partner interdependently to solve for relevant policy challenges. Requires excellent written and oral communication skills with strong technical and analytical skills. #L1SA
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patientsâ€™ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and Sanofi Genzyme.
At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company, focused on patientsâ€™ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for everyone.Primary Location Washington, DC