Head, Sanofi Pasteur US Communications, Swiftwater, PA
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Our Sanofi Pasteur Swiftwater, PA site, where we both research and manufacture vaccines since 1897, has had a tremendous impact on global health and the quality of human life. Nestled among the Pocono Mountains in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania, Sanofi Pasteur is home to state-of-the-industry facilities—and a rich and unique history. Our Swiftwater campus is more than 500 acres, housing 44 buildings and encompassing more than one million square feet of building space. Many of our facilities, while bright and modern, still retain the rustic charm of the original stonework.
Sanofi Pasteur's Historic Swiftwater Campus Celebrates 120 Years
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
Sanofi has an established and growing vaccines U.S. business and is seeking a strategic, motivated and experienced communications professional for the position of Head of Sanofi Pasteur US Communications. This position will be responsible for planning and managing external and internal communications for the US vaccines franchises. The position will report to the Head, US Brands, and will based in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania.
This role will directly support brand-related communications for the head of the vaccines business unit, as well as the brand leads/brand teams within the important and growing flu business, with oversight for the entire US vaccines portfolio. Additionally, the role will have two direct reports. The role will be responsible for vaccines issues management and reputation and collaboration across the External Affairs organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop and manage comprehensive communication strategies internally and externally to support the business units brand priorities, including partnering with Global Media Relations to ensure aligned messaging and positioning.
• Develop and implement an internal engagement plan for the Head of Sanofi Pasteur U.S. to effectively engage with internal teams/stakeholders.
• Provide strategic leadership in the creation and implementation of impactful communication programs across vaccines, inclusive of disease awareness programs, branded communication activity, data and regulatory milestone activity and support, and meaningful digital communications.
• Good working knowledge of the overall digital and social media landscape with the ability to deliver innovative approaches and plans within this growing and important space.
• Direct and deliver effective executive communications and thought leadership.
• Manage public relations agencies in support of US vaccines communications activities.
• Liaise and partner with U.S. and global External Affairs colleagues to jointly drive business priorities.
• Work closely with colleagues from across the vaccines franchises, and cross-functionally with regulatory, legal, medical and other teams; coordinate activities with communications colleagues globally
• Strong knowledge of the US regulatory environment, including ability to negotiate within regulatory guidelines for more strategic communications positioning.
• A minimum of Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business Administration, Journalism, or related field is required
• A minimum of 10 years of corporate communications experience in the pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry is required
• Pharmaceutical and/or vaccines product PR communications background – flu vaccine experience is preferred
• Professional experience in internal and external communications is required for this role
• Excellent collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills; demonstrated ability to work with senior leaders
• Strong issues management capabilities
• Strong organizational skills
• Selected candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to collaborate in a heavy matrix environment
• Strong ability to work effectively across functions and levels and business units; proven collaborator.
• Ability to counsel and interface successfully with senior executives, communications peers, and across a co-promote program
• Understanding of how to effectively use communications to influence audiences.
• Ability to research, develop, deliver and measure communications strategies and plans with a goal of showcasing communications successes to internal and external audiences.
• Expertise in communications concepts, practices, strategies and tactics based on understanding of key audiences and corporate objectives.
• Strong understanding of media relations and external affairs industry topics.
• Proactive, self-starter and able to work independently and in team environment.
• Excellent networking and relationship-building skills and the ability to interact with confidence with various levels and functions.
• Proven experience in a co-promote/co-development situation within the pharmaceutical industry.
• People management experience preferred, but not required
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law. #GD-SP; #LI-SP
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet