Technologist - CP Downstream-70067297-36406JC
FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Full Time Downstream Technologist
Sanofi Pasteur Limited is looking for a Full Time Downstream Technologist to join the Component Pertussis team.
1) Administration of Downstream production activities
· Assist in review BPR, SOP, logbooks, and monitoring charts for completion and insurance of accuracy of all documents as per GMP guidelines.
· Train technical staff comply to cGMP, HSE, and SOP requirements
· Participate in daily meetings and report findings to management
· Participate in deviation investigations.
· Coordinate activities within CP department (Adsorptions, Upstream and MWS)
2) Health Safety and Environment
3) Purification and Sterile Filtration of CP antigens
· Operation of column chromatography for isolation of CP antigens
· Operation of Centrifuges for precipitation purification of CP antigens
· Operation of Ultrafiltration units used for processing CP antigens
· Sterile filtration of CP antigens using aseptic technique and tube welder.
· Perform and prepare for analytical tests such as Lowry, Bradford and SDS-PAGE
· Assist in problem solving and trouble shooting
4) Administration of Data Information for CP Production
· Complete SAP transactions in a timely, accurate manner.
· Perform Pharm Net Web activities
· Enter data accurately and in a timely manner such as Shop Floor Data, LIMs, Master, and Change Request Forms
5) Process improvement and Development
· Modification of SOPs and BPRs for new processes in accordance with change control policies.
· Perform IQ, OQ, and PQ for new equipment
6) Preparation of Trending reports and SPC data analysis
· Assist with implementation of corrective actions in production
· Assist with CCR, CAPA as needed until completion as per committed due dates
Qualifications and Skills:
· Minimum 4 year Bachelors of Science in Biochemistry, Microbiology, or Bioengineering with minimum 4 years of relevant experience; OR
· 2 year Masters of Science degree in Biochemistry, Microbiology or Bioengineering with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
· Sound knowledge of microbiology
· Sound knowledge of protein purification
· Basic mechanical skills and knowledge
· Background in aseptic techniques, chemistry, mathematics, cGMP and cGLP
· Proficiency in computer skills and software including
, PowerPoint, SAP, JMP, MS Access, AutoCAD, Visio and BRP
· Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
· Experience in problem solving and trouble shooting
· Proficient in time management
· Proficient in technical writing
· Ability to cope with pressure from a demanding environment
HOURS OF WORK,VARIOUS SHIFTS INCLUDE: Friday to Tuesday 10:00 p.m-6:00 a.m (Midnight); or Saturday to Sunday 6:00 a.m-2:00 p.m/Monday to Wednesday 2:00 p.m-10:00 p.m (Afternoon); Thursday to Monday 2:00 p.m-10:00 p.m (Afternoon) ; or Friday to Tuesday 10:00 p.m -6:00 a.m (Midnight)
Qualified candidates may submit their resume with cover letter online via www.sanofipasteur.ca quoting reference Technologist (RS).
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of the Sanofi Group, is Canada’s oldest and largest vaccine company, with a proud heritage and a strong commitment to public health. Celebrating its 100th year in 2014, Sanofi Pasteur continues to provide essential, life-saving vaccines to millions around the world, for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited, located in Toronto, is one of the company’s four major R&D and manufacturing sites, and home to Sanofi Pasteur’s North American Centre for Analytical and BioProcess R&D. These and other activities offer employees diverse opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our company attracts some of the best minds in the business from across the globe. Our 1,200 employees give us their best, and we offer the best in return.
Sanofi in Canada embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi Pasteur,ConnaughtCampus,1755 Steeles Avenue West,Toronto. ON,Canada, M2R 3T4
Job : Production
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job Posting : Jul 3, 2014, 3:37:45 PM
Shift : Evening Job / Second Shift
Job Type : Regular
Employee Status : Regular