Temporary Advanced Technician x2-70039560-30875
TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
ADVANCED TECHNICIAN - MICROBIOLOGY
Temporary 6-12 months
Reference #70039560-30875 (SB)
Sanofi Pasteur Limited is looking for enthusiastic and knowledgeable individuals to join the Microbiology team, part of our Site Quality Operations Department as Advanced Technicians. Please note that these are temporary assignment ranging from 6-12 months in duration. Reporting to the platform Manager, key responsibilities will include the following:
1. Effective and efficient receipt and management of samples, completion and reporting of relevant testing results.
2. Effective execution of testing, including:
a. Perform relevant microbial tests (ie. Growth promotion, water testing, bioburden testing, environmental monitoring testing, LAL);
b. Communicate results and resolve issues, as appropriate;
c. Assist with troubleshooting and coordination of testing schedule.
3. Ensure compliance with quality systems is maintained in all daily activities by following SOPs, protocols, and procedures. Assist in preparation of data and documents using company’s approved format to maintain department compliance.
4. General maintenance of work area, including: cleaning of facility, equipment maintenance, disposal of hazardous waste as well as inventory control of test related materials and supplies.
5. Complete all required on-the-job training and participate in on-going training required for the role.
Qualifications required include:
- Honours B.Sc. Microbiology or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years of previous relevant experience in a microbiology laboratory, pharmaceutical or biotech environment.
- Team oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid documentation and organizational ability.
Qualified candidates may submit their on-line resume with cover letter to www.sanofipasteur.ca quoting reference Advanced Technician - Microbiology, #70039560-30875 (SB).
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccine division of Sanofi Canada, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Sanofi Pasteur Limited, located in Toronto, is one of the company’s four major R&D and manufacturing sites. We are home to Sanofi Pasteur’s North American centre for Analytical and Bioprocess R&D. As well, we are the largest Canadian vaccine producer: each year, we manufacture 50 million doses of vaccine and distribute them to more than 90 countries around the world. This variety of activities offers employees diverse opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our company attracts some of the best minds in the business from across the globe. Our 1,200 employees give us their best and we offer the best in return.
Sanofi in Canada embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job : Lab Activities & Technical Development
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job Posting : May 9, 2014, 5:30:40 PM
Shift : Day Job
Job Type : Temporary Work
Employee Status : Temporary / Intern