Director Capital Projects - Engineer-00402847-35936
August 29, 2014
DIRECTOR CAPITAL PROJECTS Reference # 35936
Sanofi Pasteur Limited is accepting applications for a senior Engineering professional to join our Regional Engineering team as Director Capital Projects.
Reporting to the Head of North American Regional Engineering, within a highly regulated environment, the Director Capital Projects will provide leadership and oversight to the capital projects team and site initiatives. Your exceptional leadership skills will be essential to ensuring superior engineering solutions in support of the capital plan.
Managing a portfolio of five to ten Projects ranging from 2-15 M€ (each), the Director Capital Projects will be responsible to:
- Endorse project objectives as defined during studies prior to prioritization and manage studies to submit full execution AEDs.
- Deliver approved strategic projects in all areas including safety, schedule, quality/performance and costs objectives.
- Transfer Projects in accordance with Good Engineering Practices and support Projects up to full commercial operation.
- Represent Engineering in Projects committees.
- Request and involve support from support groups on critical issues identified through risk analysis.
- Report on Projects progress, project performance, team performance and associated indicators.
- Use lean methodologies to define and execute Projects.
- Lead, motivate and develop a high performing team.
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Qualified candidates will require:
- University degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Bio-Chemical Engineering.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.)
- Fifteen years Engineering Operations experience including at least 10 years in Capital Project Management, and 5 or more years in a leadership capacity.
- Understanding of GMP, HPFBI and EU guidelines.
- Pharmaceutical / biotechnology production environment is preferred.
- Proven track record of success in the management of large, multi-year projects.
- Superior leadership, negotiation, organizational and team skills.
- Occupational health and safety, construction and industry regulation knowledge
- Exceptional safety leadership on projects involving multiple customers, teams and contractors.
Interested candidates may submit their on-line resume, to Director Capital Projects #35936, via Careers, in Canada at www.sanofipasteur.ca
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of the Sanofi Group, is Canada’s oldest and largest vaccine company, with a proud heritage and a strong commitment to public health. Celebrating its 100th year in 2014, Sanofi Pasteur continues to provide essential, life-saving vaccines to millions around the world, for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited, located in Toronto, is one of the company’s four major R&D and manufacturing sites, and home to Sanofi Pasteur’s North American Centre for Analytical and BioProcess R&D. These and other activities offer employees diverse opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our company attracts some of the best minds in the business from across the globe. Our 1,200 employees give us their best, and we offer the best in return.
Sanofi in Canada embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
sanofi pasteur, Connaught Campus, 1755 Steeles Avenue West, Toronto. ON, Canada, M2R 3T4
Job : Engineering & Maintenance
Primary Location : Canada
Job Posting : Aug 28, 2014, 3:20:21 PM
Shift : Day Job
Job Type : Regular
Employee Status : Regular